Monday, April 14, 2008

Back to Work!

Well. . .we're very glad this weekend is over. Its not to often I am wishing a weekend away, but Phil and I were both sick with this nasty bug that's going around. . .not fun. Wednesday and thursday I tried to go to work, but left halfway through the day. On friday just stayed home altogether. So. . its Monday and I'm much better - back to work for me! For those of you who don't know, I have just started a full time job since finishing school in December. As of May (when I officially get my diploma), I will be a "nutritionist". Right now I am working at a pediatrician's office in Avon. While it doesn't have much to do with nutrition, I am really enjoying it. My job title is a medical receptionist - I spend my day booking appointments for sick little ones, dealing with all the health insurance "stuff" and occaisonally calming down the frantic mother. I work in a small office with one doctor. . . so its very cozy and personal, which is nice for the patients. Part of the reason I love my job so much is because the people I work with are so much fun. There are two other girls in the office - Liz, our medical assistant is wonderful with the kids and always makes us laugh, and Eileen, the office manager has been so great in teaching me the ins and outs of the office, we have a great time chatting through the day. . .she always has a funny story to tell about her little 3 yr. old boy, Finn. Eileen is also a wonderful photographer. . .she recently has created a website displaying her work - i will post a link for it.


I certainly never thought I would enjoy a 9-5 job so much! I will let this be all for now. . .I need to get going!

No comments: