Sunday, June 1, 2008

Row... Row... Row Your Boat

Well, I have decided to join a crew team again. For those of you who don't know, I rowed for a couple of years in Boston while at college. I loved my time on the Lesley University crew team and have always had a desire to row again when I had the time. Rowing crew is a love/hate relationship. . . it is crazy hard, but very very addictive! The Farmington Valley Rowing Association (FVRA) has a boathouse right down the road from me. They FVRA is a community rowing association. Rowers come from quite a few different towns in this area and form teams of all sizes and levels.
So. . .I recieved a call last week asking me if I would like to join a womens team. I will most likely be rowing a quad (4 people). As of right now, we are planning on rowing three days a week at 5:30 a.m. on the Farmington River. Should be fun!!! I am a morning person, so it shouldn't be too hard to get up! Hopefully, we are starting tomorrow morning, so will keep you posted as to how it goes! Here are a few pics from the rowing days in college. . . .

This quote inspired me to get back into the sport-

"Not everybody wins, and certainly not everybody wins all the time. But once you get into your boat and push off, tie into your shoes and bootstretchers, then lean on the oars, you have indeed won far more than those who have never tried."


One of the Lesley Boats at a race in CT

The launch point at a college regatta

Most of the Lesley Crew Team 2004- I wish I was in this pic, but I took it! :-)

Me in my rowing days (with roommate/teammate, Chrissy) 2004.

No comments: