Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Head of the Charles + Newburyport

This past weekend, Alex and I went to the Head of the Charles. For those of you who don't know, the HOC is a huge regatta in Boston that happens every October. Rowers from all over the world come to compete and take on the infamous Charles River. I try to go every year, but this year I had extra incentive, as my community rowing association in Simsbury had two boats competing! GO FVRA! :-) Anyway, I drove up to Alex's house in Hamstead NH first and we enjoying spending Saturday at the HOC and Sunday in Newburyport, MA. Newburyport reminds me of Essex, CT. . .it is so quaint and fun! The pictures of this weekend turned out to be a series of Alex shots and boats from a distance :-) (I didn't have a long lense with me this time, so I don't have any crew action shots. .too bad!!)Enjoy!!
Boston - The Head of the Charles
HOC 2008 002
Lesley is where Alex and I met. . .we took a walk down memory lane before heading to the race :-)
HOC 2008 010
Alex in Haravrd Yard
HOC 2008 015
Newstand at the "pit" in Harvard Sq.
HOC 2008 011
The red line was our home base for 2 years. . .:-)
HOC 2008 033
The famous Weeks Bridge
HOC 2008 043
Teams at the starting line waiting to begin
HOC 2008 060
An alternate view. . .can you tell the Weeks is my favorite spot on the Charles??It's so pretty :-)
HOC 2008 054
Caramel apples. . .YUM!! There was so much yummy food and free stuff to be had along the river!!
Newburyport, MA
HOC 2008 078
Call all starbucks lovers. . . .Is this not the cutest starbucks ever?!
HOC 2008 069
Alex "posing like a model". . How cute is she!!! :-). . .brick walls seemed to be a theme this weekend.
HOC 2008 080
Life.Is.Good ....great store, great philosophy
HOC 2008 077
The snowboard bench
HOC 2008 090
And to end the weekend. . .a beach walk on Plum Island

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOVE THIS TRACI! YOU ARE FABULOUS! I can't wait until you are a famous photograph and I can tell everyone that I am friends with you!

YOU ROCK!

Thanks for coming up to NH! I had a great weekend with you. It was tons of fun! Awesome, Awesome, AWESOME pictures.

Peace.

- Alex

Orchard Cove Photography said...

What a fun jaunt! I did an engagement session back in Newburyport in the spring and it is SUCH a cute town! Have only been to the HOC once and unfortunately it was a crummy day but I'm hoping to go in the future when the weather is pretty!

E. Broderick Photography said...

Love these shots! Let's move to Newburyport! I can't wait till we have some down-time this winter to do our Photo Fun Days! you are a natural!